12073 193rd Rd
Live Oak, FL 32060
Frequently Asked Questions
What does QB Guru Consulting’s bookkeeping service actually do?
- Convert or catch-up old accounting systems to current standards
- Reconcile all bank and credit card accounts on a fixed schedule so your books will always be up to date
- Re-categorize current entries to maximize tax savings, categorize entries this way going forward
- Produce customized year end documentation for CPAs
- Make sure the items (products and services) are mapped to the correct chart of accounts
- Merge, delete, group or rearrange accounts in the chart of accounts to make sure that reports show in the clearest way possible for both you and your CPA. Enabling you to remain in compliance with the IRS and state regulations
- Merge duplicate or redundant customers/vendors
- Match up customer payments with bank deposits
- Match-up or apply vendor payments or expenses with open bills
- Make sure that your 1099 eligible vendors are entered correctly
- Clean up any errors in the accounting system. Reclassifying transactions that were entered incorrectly in categories to maximize deductions
- Adjusting all uncleared credit card transactions, match undeposited funds
- Generate monthly, quarterly, and/or other periodical financial reports and creating custom reports at client’s request
- Sales Tax – file and pay Sales Tax with proper jurisdictions
- Payroll – make sure paychecks and payroll taxes are paid correctly and file payroll tax forms
- AR – invoicing and collections
- AP – bill payments and reporting
- Inventory – helping you create or adjust inventory
- Help with insurance and tax audits
- Help with loan applications
- Register new corporations and set up accounting systems for success
What do all these services cost?
Our typical charge for a small business customer with two accounts to reconcile starts at $175/month. and the price increases depending upon your needs.
We customize each proposal to our customer’s needs and you will always have a dedicated representative to talk to when you have questions. If you don’t see a particular service you need, just ask us. We probably can do it or send you in the right direction.
- AR (Invoices and collections) and AP (Bill Payments) are also available for a reasonable negotiable fee.
- Sales tax is an additional $75/reporting period
- Payroll Processing with direct deposit is an additional $75/month + $100 for year-end Forms
- Do it yourself payroll with direct deposit is only $45/month plus $6 per employee
- 1099 Form E-Processing and distribution is priced at $15/form
- Do it yourself 1099 forms and distribution is free with bookkeeping services (reporting is always free)
- Data Entry Services are available for $15/hour
- Audit and Loan completion are billed at a rate of $50/hour, We don’t charge for reporting, only if you want us to complete the audits for you
While these prices may seem high, they are extremely competitive if you look up similar services. When you are a customer, we don’t charge extra for bits of help and advice here and there, or for producing management financial reporting when you need them.
Can QB Guru Consulting Corp do my taxes?
No but we can recommend several great CPAs that we work with regularly, or we can work with your current CPA
Do I need a bookkeeper if I have a CPA? What is the difference?
Yes, CPAs and bookkeepers fulfill two different but cooperative functions. The difference is that bookkeepers are responsible for the ongoing day-to-day maintenance of their client’s financial system (general ledgers). The CPA then uses this information to analyze the company’s financial data and provide tax planning strategies and prepare income tax returns. Many CPA firms will offer bookkeeping services, but tend to charge much more than we do, for much less service.
What accounting programs do you work with?
QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier, Enterprise, Manufacturing, Construction
QuickBooks Online, Xero, Sage, Netsuite, A2X for e-commerce, Big Commerce
What cloud solutions do you offer?
QuickBooks Online, Xero, Ledgersync, Cloud Hosting for QuickBooks Desktop, and more!
What size businesses do you work with?
We serve all types of small business clients. We have clients that are owner operator LLCs and Sole Proprietorships and we have clients that are S and C Corporations. We have clients that make 35K per year and clients that make over 5M per year. We love all small businesses and just want to help them become better at making money by freeing up their time to actually do their business.
What industries do you serve?
Currently we serve clients in these industries, but are willing and able to take on new projects and clients anytime:
- Professional services – Real estate agents, insurance agents, financial advisors
- Home service contractors – HVAC technicians, plumbers, electricians
- Construction and Roofing Contractors
- Beauty and Fitness – Gyms, Salons, and Spas
- Restaurant – Quick-service restaurants, coffee shops, caterers, specialty food providers and more
- Doctors, dentists and veterinary offices
- Retail – Pet stores, Health Food Store and Farmer’s Markets
Why use an outsourced bookkeeping service? Shouldn’t my bookkeeper be local?
Small and medium sized businesses no longer need to work with a local bookkeeper. Internet and cloud technology makes it easy for bookkeepers to securely access their client’s books anytime, anywhere. Business owners benefit from these technologies to hire a professional team of bookkeepers virtually, rather than having an on-staff bookkeeper. Having a virtual service means that you don’t have to provide insurance, office space, or deal with scheduling. Since we are a team, you don’t have to worry about us calling in sick. We are available for your emails and texts at any time, and phone calls are welcomed from 9AM-6PM EST. In the event of an emergency, pretty much any time. We also can use Slack or other similar programs to communicate if you prefer. Finally, we keep all of your documents in a secure Dropbox so you can easily access them at any time.
Do I need to clean up my books before I hand them over to QB Guru Consulting?
No, clean-up is included as part of our proposal. Your team of bookkeeping specialists will clean up your books with accounting solution that best fits your needs.
Have a Question or Need to Make an Appointment? Email Us!
12073 193rd Road Drive
Oak, FL 32060